CHAVANA (“us” or “we”) are 100% committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We only use your data to improve the quality of your experience, provide you with a service or to prevent fraud. We look after your data as if it was our own and we make sure that all of our partners do the same. We will never sell your information to anyone. Your information is held for only as long as is absolutely necessary. If you want to be kept up to date on new deliveries or items that are back in stock we’ll let you know. If you don’t then we won’t.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By using our website www.chavanajewelry.com (the “Site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices set out in this Privacy and Cookies Policy and also agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
If you have not already read our Terms and Conditions, please do so here.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is CHAVANA Ltd. We are registered in Thailand and have our registered office at 1031 Central Embassy, ROOM G01-5 , Ploenchit Road, Lumpini, Phatumwan, Bangkok 10330 Thailand. Our VAT number is 0105556123666.
- Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We only collect the information that’s necessary to operate our business, provide you with the service that you have requested, and to update you with the latest news and launches from CHAVANA.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site during a transaction, such as your full name, your delivery and billing address, your contact phone number, your email address, your date of birth and your payment details. This includes information provided at the time of registering an account, purchasing goods on the Site, entering any competition or promotion, completing any surveys or contacting us for any other reason.
- Records of your contact history (if any) with us, via third parties such as Shopify.com. This is so you receive the best possible customer service.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Site and the fulfilment of your orders and details of your visits to the Site including (but not limited to) traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
CREDIT AND DEBIT CARD DETAILS
Please note that we do not collect or process your credit or debit card details. These are, however, collected and processed by our payment processing service called Shopify Payments and Omise Payments (“Payment Provider”).
The collection and processing by the Payment Provider of your credit or debit card details and other personal data are governed by its terms and conditions.
The Payment Provider provides us with information regarding the credits and debits made to your card in order to enable us to reconcile our accounts.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To process your orders, and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and ourselves (including contracts for the sale and purchase of goods); and
- To provide you with information regarding our products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell your information – not to anyone. There are however instances where we need to share your information with partners or affiliates in order for us to be able to provide you with the service you have requested.
Examples of some of those instances are below:
Where we are required to provide you with a service:
We will share your personal information with our third party delivery partners – Fedex, UPS, ThailandPost.
Where we have your consent:
If you have said we can, we will send you marketing updates via email that contains the latest news and product launches at CHAVANA. We share your personal information with third-party email service provider who assists us with delivering our email marketing campaigns to you. We will also contact you if you have asked us to via the ‘Back in Stock’ notification service. The third parties include Shopify.
Should you wish to stop receiving marketing messages, you can click the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email. Once you do this, it might take a few days for all of our systems to update so please bear with us.
Should you elect to no longer receive marketing messages we will still contact you for order processing and returns as part of our agreed service.
Social Media is a significant part for our marketing activity. We use social media to advertise our products, to connect with our fans and to drive brand awareness. If you interact with us on social media you are giving us consent to interact with you. You can interact by tagging us in your personal photos, liking our content, following us, or sending us private messages. If you tag us in one of your photos you are giving us consent to share this with our audience on social media - if we choose to do so. If you would like us to remove the image, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com
Where we have a justifiable reason:
By responding to customer service enquiries raised via email or phone.
In certain circumstances, we are obliged to share your information in connection with a business transition – for example, a merger, acquisition by another company or a sale of all or a portion on our assets. Should this happen, it will be will necessary to share your information with external professional advisors. We may also use your information for legal compliance and to enforce our legal rights. This would mean your information is shared with administrative authorities (HMRC), police and public prosecutors to comply with a court order. It is our legal obligation to do so.
We will check any third party that we use to ensure that they can provide sufficient guarantees regarding the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have your CHAVANA account, or for as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team, for as long as is necessary to provide this necessary support.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Your rights regarding your personal data are as follows. You have the right to:
- Be informed about how we use and process your data.
- To receive access to the personal data which we hold about you.
- To stop receiving marketing messages from us.
- To correct errors or mistakes.
- To have your data legally deleted from our records (and our partners and affiliates) – except where we are legally unable to do so.
- To have your data transferred.
If you are concerned about any aspect of our policy, including the way we’ve handled your personal information, you have the right to complain. This can be to us via firstname.lastname@example.org
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
For access to your data, please email email@example.com and we will be in contact to process your request.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on the Site, or any questions, comments or requests regarding our Terms and Conditions or Privacy and Cookies Policy, please contact us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or CHAVANA, Central Embassy, G-Floor , Ploenchit Road, Lumpini, Phatumwan, Bangkok 10330 Thailand.